Our Mathematics curriculum encompasses:
- Number and Algebra;
- Measurement and Geometry;
- Statistics and Probability.
All students will be taught at their point of need through direct experiences to meet their individual needs. Every effort will be made to broaden, as well as extend, the students’ understanding of mathematical concepts. Our classroom teachers ensure that it:
- is delivered in a minimum of 5 hours per week, with a minimum of 3 hours focus on number skills and concepts;
- provides a sequential teaching and learning program in numeracy guided by the Victorian Curriculum;
- caters for the individual ability range of the children and provides extra support through Individual Learning Improvement Plans where required;
- emphasises a strong grounding in knowledge of Number concepts and skills;
- relates to everyday experiences, with real-life problem solving;
- provides ongoing professional development in Mathematics which extends theory and practice;
- builds upon previous learning;
- encourages estimation and approximation skills;
- encourages parental participation in activities designed to develop a greater understanding of current approaches to mathematics;
- includes the use of ICT;
- makes links across all discipline-based subjects.